Able Synonym, Antonyms
Synonyms and Antonyms of Able
Synonym for able at synonym.co.in with antonyms, and definitions from English Dictionary with examples. More than 15 Synonyms and 8 Antonyms of able are added to this page. We are included as many synonyms and think that this may helpful for you.
Synonyms: Strong, powerful, clever, skillful, talented, capable, fitted, efficient, effective, learned, gifted, masterly, telling, nervous, vigorous.
Antonyms : Weak, inefficient, unskillful, silly, stupid, incapable, ineffective, unqualified.
Meaning of “able” in the English Dictionary
- having ordinary capacity, power, or means to do; capable e.g: A man able to work
- having more power or skill than most others have, e.g: A high court judge should be an able lawyer.
- qualified, especially legally
- e.g: The Greeks is what has given us the ability to create this remarkable and near perfect society.
- we found the percentage of higher castes actually going up in the population means that everybody in the world has the ability to excel.
- Margerrus was able to tow the Americans to the shore soon as the emergency staff from the crossing-house came rapidly towards them.
- These idiots would not be able to get any business done in our boisterous fish market.